SAVE THE EARTH COMIC CONTEST
Our goal is to increase exposure of the many issues passionate youth in Cameroon care about and face every day, giving them a better chance to project their voices and bring attention to these problems. Primarily, want to develop students’ abilities to convey a message in an engaging way. To do this, we are asking students to team up with their peers to create comics which highlight an important environmental issue and tell a story about it. Topics include pollution, littering, water quality, climate change, and much more. All comics that are sent in have the opportunity to be featured whether or not they are selected as one of the “official” winners. This means all of your group’s hard work can be shown to the whole world! In addition to the prizes, having your content featured by Greening Forward can give you:
- A platform to showcase writing, artistic, and story-telling abilities
- A chance to promote an important environmental problem in your community
- Recognition from your peers and family for your passion and insight
- Networking opportunities with like-minded individuals who read your comics
Note: This opportunity is only valid for young people based in Cameroon.
- 1st Place Comic group receives 40,000 francs, 2nd Place group receives 30,000 francs, 3rd place group receives 25,000 francs. This money is split between all students in the group.
- Save The Earth Comic Contest T-Shirt (featured below)
- Schools which contain groups whose comics have placed in the contest will receive an assortment of environmental-themed textbooks for the further education of their students
- All comic submissions will have a chance to be featured on Greening Forward’s blog, social media platforms, website, and newsletter, which provide many opportunities for promoting your group’s hard work and drawing international attention to important topics
- Comics must be at least 8 pages long
- Students should team up with at least 2 other students for their groups
- Comics should be creative, fun, and engaging!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
22 years is the maximum age for participants entering the contest. Deadline for submissions is February 28th at 6pm (GMT +1). Participants must be currently attending a school in Cameroon; the three winning groups will be required to prove their academic standing prior to receiving prizes. No professional artists are allowed. To turn in entries, please call Perise Forbi at +23754145073 for collection.
All entries will be reviewed by Greening Forward staff. Greening Forward reserves the right to publish and promote all comics submitted regardless of if they win one of the top three prizes, but we will always give credit to and notify the author before doing so. Please try to be sensitive in regards to entries with a political slant, as we are a non-partisan organization.
Once the deadline has passed, Greening Forward will take time to carefully review each entry and judge them. Winners will be announced on March 17, 2019, and will be contacted individually as well as posted on this webpage. For any questions, please contact email@example.com.