Since 2008, Greening Forward has given over $72,000 away in financial assistance to youth-imagined environmental causes to our +50 Earth Saves Club partners. Earth Savers Club partners come from all over the world and find our curriculum resources, grants, skill-building, and mentorship opportunities helpful in their youth-driven campaigns to effect environmental change at the local and global level. Each year, our grantees are able to bring 1,500 young people directly into the planning process of their Greening Forward grant, and engage 10,000 other community members through rallies and events.
If eligible, youth are encouraged to propose new and/or existing project ideas that help improve the environment through one of the following ways: community beautification, recycling and waste reduction, Earth Day celebration/special events, environmental education, water quality monitoring, green space creation, and urban farming. We are also open to listening to other environmental-themed proposals. When deciding upon who gets funded, a team of youth volunteers from Greening Forward will consider the below criteria as the most important:
- Organization: are the specifics of the project, such as budget and plan of action, clearly laid out?
- Creativity: how is this project different from others?
- Inclusivity: how does this project bring in a diverse group of people as partners and leaders?
- Sustainability: how does this project plan to continue after the Earth Savers Club grant?
- Engagement: has the applicant shown a genuine desire to connect with Greening Forward’s programs, such as our how-to guides and our International Young Environmentalists Youth Summit?
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call us 855-ECO-TEEN.
|Youth Service America (YSA)||Whether you’re a kid, teen, educator, or adult mentor, YSA Grants power youth-led service and service-learning projects with funding, training, and resource support.|
|Young Environmentalists Network||Greening Forward manages a Facebook community that shares scholarship, internship, and funding opportunities for young people working towards a more sustainable future.|