GREEN MEDIA CONTEST
Our goal is to increase the exposure of passionate young people and the issues they care about, giving them a better chance to have their voices heard. To do this, we are asking students to send in media content that highlights important and interesting environmental topics, and also provides advice for ways people can get more involved. The contest will be comprised of several categories, with the top two winners in each category winning prizes. However, all content that is sent in has the opportunity to be featured regardless of if it is one of the top two in its category. In addition to the prizes, having your content featured by Greening Forward can give you:
- Networking Opportunities
- A platform to showcase writing, artistic, and cinematic abilities
- Chance to promote an important environmental problem
- Material that can be used for future employment
- $75 cash prize to the best entry in each category, $50 to second best
- Award package containing Greening Forward materials (T-shirts, stickers), sustainable art/writing supplies such as notebooks and pens, and an Eco-Friendly Water bottle
- All submissions will have a chance to be featured on our blog, social media, website, and newsletter, which provides opportunities for networking, promoting your work, and drawing attention to important topics
- Blogs’ content must relate to an environmental topic of some sort, and/or youth’s involvement in such matters.
- Blogs should be around 500 words in length.
- Blogs containing research, facts, statistics, or events of any kind must be properly cited. This website is a good guide on how to do it correctly.
- Pictures are encouraged!
- Multiple blog submissions by the same writer are permitted.
- Example of a previous winning blog linked here.
- Submit as a pdf or word document.
- Can be a painting, drawing, graphic design, sculpture/assemblage, conceptual piece, etc.
- Graphic designs and conceptual pieces can be submitted directly.
- For all art that is physically created (such as a drawing), high-quality photo(s) of the project should be submitted. The type of art determines the number of pictures that should be taken: For example, if it is a drawing, one full-view photo would suffice, whereas if it is a sculpture than multiple photos is preferred to capture all of the angles.
- Please submit pictures as a JPEG.
- Be creative!
- Can be animations, pictures with voice overs, live videos, etc.
- Should be between 2-4 minutes long.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
22 years is the maximum age for participants entering the contest. Deadline for submissions is February 14th at 11:59 PST. All entries will be reviewed by Greening Forward staff. Greening Forward reserves the right to publish and promote any media submitted regardless of if it is selected for a prize. Articles with the potential to be published on our blog are subject to revision, which will be run by the author before posting on the official Greening Forward website. Please try to be sensitive in regards to entries with a political slant, as we are a non-partisan organization. Greening Forward reserves the right to promote any media submitted regardless of whether it is selected for a prize, but we will always give credit to and notify the author before doing so. Any questions should be sent to CaryLynne@greeningforward.org. Please email completed entries to email@example.com.