Greening Forward is a youth-led environmental non-profit organization working to develop young people into leaders who can make a real impact in their community. We fund, mentor, and provide skill-building resources to young environmental problem-solvers, ages 5-25.
Primarily, our Events Coordinator leads the planning process for Greening Forward’s annual Empowered Young Environmentalist Summit (EYES), but also holds the responsibility of ensuring an active staff presence at the events of our partners.
- Act as the primary planner for EYES by coordinating logistics and communicating with partners
- Work closely with the engagement team, consisting of the Vice President of Engagement and Outreach Manager
- Facilitate the Conference Committee (a team of Greening Forward staff and community partners), with the Vice President of Engagement
- Research and connect staff with opportunities to attend, present at, and learn from additional events
- Assist the programs team (consisting of the Youth Development Specialist, Director of Programs, and Youth Council Liaison) in developing webinars and in-person trainings.
- Represent Greening Forward at internal and external events
- Participate in monthly Greening Forward conference calls with our entire staff, along with regular meetings with individual staff members
- Previous event planning experience
- Passionate about the environment and/or youth engagement
- Outgoing and Personable
- Highly Organized
- Strong Communication Skills
- Quick Learner
- Able to work in a team
- Able to delegate responsibilities
- General workforce experience
- Networking experience with both local and national environmental organizations
- Community Service Hours
- Virtual Internship, flexible hours
- Opportunities for funded travel to conferences and events
- Leadership and teamworking development
- Access to mentors and resources
Location: This position can telecommute from anywhere in the United States. Consideration may be given to candidates outside of the United States, if the candidate can demonstrate that the organization would not be burdened by unreasonable travel costs for the candidate to attend meetings and conferences in the United States. Current staff and youth council members are located in California, Michigan, New York, Massachusetts, and Georgia.
Time Commitment: 6-10 hours/week (varies depending on proximity to EYES date)
How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter highlighting your desire and qualifications for the position (as well as any questions you might have) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Successful applicants will be invited to interview with Greening Forward staff.
*We will accept applications for EC until the position is filled.*