GREENING FORWARD STUDENT BLOG COMPETITION
THE CONTEST: Our purpose is to increase the exposure of passionate young people and the issues they care about, giving them a chance to have their voices heard. In addition to cash prizes, being featured on our blog could give you:
- Networking Opportunities
- A platform to showcase writing abilities
- Chance to promote an important environmental problem
THE PRIZES: Two 1st place winners will receive $150 each, four 2nd place winners will receive $50 each. In addition, all submissions will have a chance to be featured on our blog, which provides opportunities for networking and drawing attention to important topics.
- Blogs’ content must relate to an environmental topic of some sort, and/or youth’s involvement in such matters.
- Blogs must be at least 500 words in length.
- Blogs containing research, facts, statistics, or events of any kind must be properly cited. This website gives a good guide on how to do it correctly.
- Pictures are encouraged!
- Multiple blog submissions by the same writer are permitted.
- All blogs must be sent in by February 15, 2018
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
22 years is the maximum age for writers entering the contest. All blog posts will be reviewed by Greening Forward staff. Articles with the potential to be published on our blog are subject to revision, which will be run by the author before posting on the official Greening Forward website. Upon approval of an article, Greening Forward will notify the author and will post the blog under their name, with contact information added to the page as well. Blogs with obscenities or foul language will not be considered. Please try to be sensitive in regards to writing blog posts with a political slant, as we are a non-partisan organization. Greening Forward reserves the right to publish any blog post submitted regardless of whether it is selected for a prize. Any questions should be sent to CaryLynne@greeningforward.org.